Friday 9 March 2012

End of a good week!

I went back to Grimsby yesterday with my sister to see my parents and of course my dogs who are adorable. Laura has introduced me to Grey's Anatomy, which I think looks like an excellent series and thus she has agreed to lend me series one, so will have a lot of fun watching that over the next week!


So far, from what I've seen, its really enjoyable and reminds me a little bit of the series Scrubs, and when I was watching the first episode I was reminded of the conversation between J.D and Elliot, where Elliot says "Can't we just go home, and put on our PJ's, and watch Grey's Anatomy?" In response, J.D says "Oh, I do love that show. It's like they've been watching our lives and then just put it on TV." There is definitely a difference in the tone of the programmes, with Scrubs focusing on a more comical view of the interns experiences whereas Grey's Anatomy is more dramatic. Whilst watching Grey's Anatomy, I felt like a complete expert on the behaviours of doctors (which of course, I'm definitely NOT). I say this because when watching George promise a woman her husband would be absolutely fine and guaranteeing it,  I couldn't help but cringe both internally and externally,  not only from a legal view point (we learn about this in a lovely module at University called Tort) but also from it happening in Scrubs too. Of course, later in that episode the man unfortunately dies, resulting in the woman being completely shocked and grief-stricken.
To sum up, I love both series and look forward to becoming more familiar with Grey's Anatomy! Onto my next obsession!



Since my lovely boyfriend bought me Game of Thrones book 1 of the series A Song of Ice and Fire at Christmas, I have really REALLY wanted to watch the series! I finished reading this book at the end of January (it took a month because I also had 3 Law assignments due in at that time) and I'm now on the second book (which has also taken a month to read due to having 2 more assignments due in in Feb). I lent the first book to my sister because it was so good. I think now that all my assignments are over, I might have to watch this series over the next week along with Grey's Anatomy, just to maintain my sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment